Top Social

Contact Us

The Importance of Photography

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Recently I have come to understand the importance of photography in a whole new light.  As a photographer, I love photographs. But photography offers so much more than just visually pleasing images; it offers us a direct link to a moment in time.

I recently received an old black and white photo of my grandfather at Ellis Island when he first arrived in the United States.   That old, grainy, photo provided me with an “ah ha” moment: our photographs don’t just provide visual memories from our lives, they share our lives with the generations that will come after us.  Some day, your great-great grandchild will look at that old photo from your wedding day, and wonder, just as I did, what their grand parent’s life was like.  


Post Comment
Post a Comment