Top Social

Contact Us

Motivations for Success - My Version

Monday, July 22, 2013

I don’t think it’s a secret that I love my wife.  When Amber and I first decided to start our own businesses, our reasons for doing so weren’t quite the norm.   To be honest, like most people, we weren’t satisfied with the 9-5 lifestyle - and we both dreamed of a cubicle-free existence.  We certainly had no illusions of a life of financial freedom (wedding photographers and paper craft designers aren’t exactly jet setters). But what we did dream about was time - or more specifically, more time to spend together, doing the things we love.

I think the reason our businesses are becoming successful is we never forgot why we started them in the first place.  It is amazing to me that after nearly three years of marriage, and literally thousands of pictures, Amber is still my favorite subject.  I can, and have, shot ten-hour weddings, and the very next day, the first thing I want to do is grab my wife, fill a thermos of coffee and head out for the day to snap some photos together.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that when all is said and done, while we’re passionate about what we do, and while we may work harder for ourselves than we ever did as employees, it is still our love of each other that drives our success - we still like to head out, fill a thermos of coffee and snap some photos together.

Happy Monday!


Post Comment
Post a Comment