Top Social

Contact Us

Life is

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In this digital age of shrinking attention spans, I find myself wanting more and more to simplify, slow down and savor all the wondrous moments that comprise this crazy thing called life.  Nearly thirty-two years ago this very camera captured my first moments in this world.  Small, full of promise and hope, those moments live forever on single roll of 35mm film.  This is my favorite camera.  I still use it.  Nothing on it is automatic.  Focusing is done manually and it’s honestly archaic. There is no LCD screen to see if my images are exposed correctly.  Load the film wrong and you’ve wasted $7.99.  You only get 36 shots, so you have to make them count.  It is wonderfully slow. It’s cumbersome. It’s inefficient. It’s pure. 

As we spiral faster and faster further into our future, take a few moments every now and then to slow down and remember what’s important.  Go, capture your story and make every frame count.



Post Comment
Post a Comment