Top Social

Contact Us

The Mantilla Company - A Fashion Shoot

Sunday, April 2, 2017
The giant space was empty.  My footsteps echoed on the old worn and paint stained floors while the distant strains of music rang out from the back of the cavernous room.  I have had the privilege
of working with Gloria of the Mantilla Company a few times over the last few years.  Amber and I had met her quite by chance while attending the Boutique Bridal Bazaar about four years ago.  The three of us hit it off immediately and have kept in touch over the years meeting up for regularly for coffee dates and sharing ideas for shoots.

When she reached out asking if I'd photograph her newest collection of veils, I was beyond excited!  There is something so unbelievably romantic about these hand-made Spanish lace veils and when she described what her concept for the shoot was, I was hooked. I've always love the look of fine art fashion portraiture (which Amber finds horribly ironic given that I'm most at home playing in the mountains...)

We met up about a week ago at the Lake Affect Studio's main ballroom, scouted a few options for our location and quickly got everything set up while we waited for the model to arrive.  Sunlight was streaming through the old industrial windows but it was casting odd shadows on the floor and so I opted to use studio lights.  If you've never been on a fashion shoot, there is something electric in the air - the anticipation and the collective energy on set is something that I truly love! Each person brings with them their own unique perspective and skill-set and you all work together for the final product.  It's seriously a blast!

Here are few of my favorite photos from the shoot :D






Model: Felicity White

Shot with: Canon 5d mark III, Dynalite Baja B4 and Profoto Modifiers

Post Comment
Post a Comment