Top Social

Contact Us

My Favorite Wedding

Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Somewhere in between the emails and dirty diapers, the wedding prep and managing not only a business but also daily life, it’s easy to loose myself in the to-do lists, charging batteries and finding time to eat.   But honestly those aren’t the moments that matter.  The moments that matter are the small ones – playing with my daughter and listening to her laugh at the silliest things.  It’s pausing to give my wife a hug and telling her that I love her as we go about our day.   It’s walks in the park listening to the leaves crunch under our feet.  It’s meeting clients that have become friends for coffee and chatting about wedding stuff.  It’s making a meal and sharing it with family.

Sometimes it’s easy to forget that life isn’t the big moments, but the small ones.   I truly love what I do – I honestly can’t image doing anything else with my life.  I’m so unbelievably blessed to share in so many amazing weddings  - and no matter how lavish or simple, I give a little piece of myself to each one. 

I was recently meeting with a new client and was asked if I had any favorites weddings from over the years. As I thought about it, I answered honestly and said no.   I don’t have favorite weddings, but what I do have are favorite moments from each and every wedding.  This question stuck with me over the last few days.  I began to think about all the weddings I’ve done; and what I’ve come to realize is that the moments that stick with me the most aren’t necessarily the grand ones, they’re often simple little moments, gone in the blink of an eye even though the memory of them stays with me. 

They’re tearful hugs. They’re slow dances and jokes told amongst friends.  They are smiles from parents or sunset moments with my couples.  They are waves crashing against the shore, strolls through orchards or the standing wet in the rain to make a photograph.  You see, at the end of the day, I give you my images from your day but your day gives my images meaning.  

Weddings are only a single day – they are fleeting and temporal.  They are filled with so many amazing moments that are gone like wisps of smoke carried on the breeze.  But those moments have a life; they existed, they breathed and sometimes the memory of those moments lives on in my images.

Be lost in the present moment. Experience it fully and with your whole heart. I think you’ll be surprised at what it is that sticks with you the most.


Post Comment
Post a Comment